Siwei Lyu is a tenured Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science, the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, the University at Albany, State University of New York. He is the Director of Computer Vision and Machine Learning Lab (CVML) at U. Albany.
Dr. Lyu received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Dartmouth College in 2005, and his M.S. degree in Computer Science in 2000 and B.S. degree in Information Science in 1997, both from Peking University, China. Dr. Lyu was a tenure-track Assistant Professor from 2008-2014. During 2005-2008, he was a Post-Doctoral Research Associate at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Center for Neural Science of New York University. He was an Assistant Researcher at Microsoft Research Asia (then Microsoft Research China) in 2001.
Dr. Lyus research interests include digital image forensics, computer vision, computational neuroscience and machine learning. Dr. Lyu has published over 90 refereed journal and conference papers. Dr. Lyus research projects are funded by NSF, DARPA, NIJ, UTRC, IBM and University at Albany, SUNY. He is the recipient of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Best Paper Award in 2011, the National Science Foundation CAREER Award in 2010, and SUNY Albanys Presidential Award for Excellence in Research and Creative Activities in 2017.
Dr. Lyu serves on the IEEE SPS Information Forensics and Security Technical Committee (2017-2019), and is on the Editorial Board of IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. Dr. Lyu is a senior member of IEEE.
- (02/18/2018) I was interviewed on Science Friday to talk about my work on media forensics [link].
- (09/06/2017) Paper on Average Top-K Learning is accepted by NIPS 2017.
- (07/29/2017) I co-organized and participated the IEEE/Nvidia AI City Challenge with the IEEE Smart City Conference 2017. and our team got honary mention.
- (07/19/2017) Ppaper on using RNN-Tree for Skeleton-based Action Recognition is accepted by ICCV 2017.
- (07/17/2017) I co-organized the 2017 AVSS Challenge on Advance Traffic Monitoring, and co-organize the International Workshop on Traffic and Street Surveillance and Safety (IWT4S), in conjunction with the 2017 IEEE Conference on Advances in Video and Signal-based Survillance (AVSS).
- (03/21/2017) I am awarded SUNY Albanys Presidential Award for Excellence in Research and Creative Activities.
- (02/01/2017) I will be serving as an Area Chair for IEEE International Conference for Image Processing (ICIP) 2017 in Beijing, China.
- (12/06/2016) I will be serving on IEEE SPS Information Forensics and Security Technical Committee from 2017 to 2019.
- (10/01/2016) I will be serving as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security from 2016 to 2019.
- (09/01/2016) I am elevated to IEEE Senior Member.
- (08/15/2016) Yueming Yang successfully defended his thesis. He also present his work at AVSS 2016 at Colorado Springs. Congratulations, Dr. Yang!