I received my PhD in Information Science from the University of Pittsburgh, and my Master’s and Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Engineering from Sharif University of Technology and Ferdowsi University, respectively.
I am currently recruiting PhD students and BS students to join my group and engage in exciting projects such as Black-Box Learning of Web Application Authorization Policies.
Interested in security and privacy research? Take a look at the opportunities and open positions.
- Padmavathi Iyer successfully defended her PhD dissertation, titled Mining and Black-Box Learning of Relationship-Based Access Control Policies
- Accepted paper in ACM SACMAT 2023 on automated learning of web access control policies (with my PhD student Padmavathi Iyer)
- Program committee member of ACM SACMAT 2023, DBSec 2023, WPES 2023, CCS 2023 Poster/Demo
- Officially promoted to the Associate Professor rank
- Published in the ACM Transactions on Security and Privacy on learning policies from black-box systems (with my PhD student Padmavathi Iyer)
- Two accepted papers in ACM SACMAT 2022: a regular research paper on effective evaluation of policy mining (with my PhD student Padmavathi Iyer) and a Blue-Sky/Vision paper on physical access control (with my industry collaborators Hans van der Laan and Albert Dercksen)
- Published in the Computers and Security journal on expressiveness of negative authorization (with my PhD student Padmavathi Iyer and my colleague Paliath Narendran)
- UAlbany’s junior faculty recognition as an NSF CAREER Award recipient
- Program committee member of ACM CODASPY 2022, ACM SACMAT 2022, WPES 2022
- Accepted paper in ACM SACMAT 2021 on expressiveness of rule-based access control models (with my colleague Paliath Narendran and my PhD student Padmavathi Iyer)
- Honored to receive NSF CAREER Award! CAREER: Black-Box Learning of Web Application Authorization Policies
- Program committee member of ACM CODASPY 2021, ACM SACMAT 2021, SKM 2021
- Program Co-Chair of IEEE CIC 2021 (with Surya Nepal and Barbara Carminati)
- SUNY seed award for our project on privacy in educational systems (with my colleagues Shaghayegh Sahebi and Zheng Yan)
- Best Paper Award of ACM SACMAT 2020 for our paper on active learning of relationship-based policies (with my PhD student Padmavathi Iyer)
- Program Co-Chair of IEEE TPS 2020 (with Ravi Sandhu and Barbara Carminati)
Tuesday/Thursday 4:30pm–5:30pm (Zoom link: on course Blackboard, or request via email).