IEEE 2nd International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (IEEE MIPR 2019)
The 2nd IEEE International Workshop on "Fake MultiMedia" (FakeMM'19)
March 28-30, 2019, San Jose, CA, USA
Call for Papers (in pdf) can be found here
Identification of fake content, be it text, image, audio or video, is a hot topic since the rise of modern web and social media. This is because a vast amount of information, some of which could be fake, gets created and shared on these platforms. A wider dissemination of fake information via social media, news sites, and blogs can cause a significant swing to one’s mindset. Although there has been a significant progress in multimedia security and forensics research, the modern web and social media avenues for creation and sharing of multimedia content poses fresh challenges related to fake content identification.
This is the second edition of the FakeMM workshop (after the first successful FakeMM’18 in Miami) and it aims to bring forward further advances in the area of fake multimedia in terms of its proactive identification and the prevention of spread of such content. We invite latest and high-quality papers presenting or addressing issues related to fake multimedia, but not limited to:
- Fake email detection and prevention.
- Fake news detection.
- Fake content detection over social media.
- Content management policy for news publishers.
- Content filtering for web.
- Impact and severity of fake content.
- Secure models, policies and practices for safe content filtering.
- Identification and credibility of the author and the publishing source of fake content.
- Fake content alert mechanisms.
Paper submission due: December 31, 2018
Decision notification: January 25, 2019
Camera ready submission: February 8, 2019
- Pradeep Atrey, University at Albany, SUNY, USA
- A V Subramanyam, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi, India
- Wei Qi Yan, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Nasir Memon, New York University, NY, USA
Web and Publicity Chair
Technical Program Committee (TO BE EXPANDED)
- Andrea Cavallaro, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Chang-Tsun Li, Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Frederic Dufaux, CNRS, France
- Hafiz Malik, University of Michigan-Dearborn, USA
- Hong (Vicky) Zhao, Tsinghua University at Beijing, China
- Huan Liu, Arizona State University, USA
- Luisa Verdoliva, University Federico II of Naples, Italy
- Manoranjan Mohanty, New York University, Abu Dhabi
- Marc Chaumont, University of Nimes, France
- Mohan Dhawan, IBM, India
- Mukesh Saini, Indian Institute of Technology at Ropar, India
- Paweł Korus, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Prateek Dewan, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, India
- Shrikanth Narayanan, University of Southern California, USA
- Symeon (Akis) Papadopoulos, Information Technologies Institute, Greece
- Vivek Singh, Rutgers University, USA
- Wei Fan, Dartmouth College, USA
- William Wang, University of California at Santa Barbara, USA
- Xianfeng Zhao, Chinese Academy of Science, China
- Xiangui Kang, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Yiannis Kompatsiaris, Information Technologies Institute, Greece
- Zhisheng Yan, Georgia State University, USA
Full-length papers of 6 pages in length reporting on original research are solicited. The reviewing is double blind and the paper submission link is here. For detailed instructions see http://www.ieee-mipr.org/.
Contact Person: Pradeep Atrey, [Email - first letter of first name plus last name at albany dot edu]