I am always looking for motivated undergraduate and graduate students who would like to engage in security and privacy research. You can take a look at my research page or ALPS to get an idea of my past/current projects.
Research Opportunities for Current Students
Most of my research projects require good algorithmic and programming skills. If you are interested in joining my lab, email me to discuss your interests. Include your CV and unofficial transcripts.
Note that if you are going to take research credits with me in a semester (independent study, BS/MS project, or thesis), we need to discuss and agree on your research project in the preceding semester.
Prospective PhD Students (Funded Positions)
I am looking for prospective PhD students who are highly motivated for security/privacy research to join my research group. Expected background includes:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Strong background in algorithms and discrete math
- Strong programming skills
The following qualifications will be a plus:
- Coursework in security
- Prior research experience, especially in security and privacy
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of machine learning techniques
If interested, send me an email describing your motivation for security/privacy research and related prior experience. Also, include:
- (Unofficial) Transcripts
- GRE test scores
- TOEFL test scores (if applicable)